ss_blog_claim=f049f8ab92421ba9b81fadb116b4d1c8

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

You really need to visit: Green Bag Lady

The following is from her blog. What an amazing undertaking! I sent her an e-mail this morning and received a reply this afternoon saying my bag would be shipped in about 4-5 weeks due to the numerous request she has gotten. All she asked was that I send a picture after I get my bag.

I am an artist. I make bags. I will give you a FREE handmade fabric bag if you promise to use it instead of paper or plastic. Each bag has a number in it, I will record your name, city and bag number on this site. The hope is to document the use of these bags all over Nashville and eventually the world. Send me your pictures, your stories, and your extra fabric. Let's start a revolution. . .one bag at a time!

Would you like a free bag?
Send me your address.
Limit one per person, thanks!

There is no obligation except the promise that you will use it instead of paper or plastic!

I will fulfill requests if possible (e.g. favorite color, likes stripes, flowers, etc.). I use all different kinds of fabric. FYI, if you are requesting a bag to be mailed, the fabric will be lightweight (but still durable) to keep shipping costs to a minimum.

1 comment:

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Thanks for the plug.

Someone emailed me today with the comment, "Go green or go home." I'm not quite sure what it means but it makes me smile. :)

Teresa (aka Green Bag Lady)