ss_blog_claim=f049f8ab92421ba9b81fadb116b4d1c8

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Unexpected money?!

What do 'normal' people do when they get unexpected money? I wonder because obiviously, me and my husband are not normal when it comes to how we handle money we come into but, were not expecting/counting on.

We are both employeed and make EXACTLY the same amount, we have the same pension plan, the same 401k plan (I do contribute a higher % to mine), and the same benefits. (life insurance, health insurance, disability insurance) We both own stocks, (seperately) and make a game out of who does better with their brokerage account in these horrible market times.

I can't think of a single thing we 'need', and no pressing bills that need paying off. I try and be frugal in my everyday life. I contribute to my savings throughout the year so, when it comes time for me to get my bonus... I feel like I earned it and spend it on anything I want. (he does the same) Our tax refund is split and spent the same way. Last year is the only time we put our bonus' together and made a major purchase. We bought a lot on the lake so we would have somewhere to keep the boats and easy access for fishing/skiing.

In the next couple of weeks we will be receiving a substantial amout of money...bonus' and tax refund. This has got me curious as to how others handle it.

No comments: