ss_blog_claim=f049f8ab92421ba9b81fadb116b4d1c8

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Candle's

What do you do with all those free candles you got? After burning them instead of throwing what is left in the bottom of the jar away, I decided to make my own.

I bought some small bowls that match my kitchen and candle wicks (from A.C. Moore's $1.50/pk of 10)

The easiest way I found to do it is to place a pot of boiling water on the stove, place the jar of the used candle in the boiling water to melt the wax and remove the used wick.

Put the new wick in the bowl and pour the melted candle wax in the bowl. Let that wax cool while you melt the next one to pour in. (It helps to let the fist one cool a little so the wick stands up straight)

Be creative and use different things for different rooms in your home or reuse the jar the candle came in for an even cheaper *new* candle.

No comments: