ss_blog_claim=f049f8ab92421ba9b81fadb116b4d1c8

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Easter Bunny is coming to town!



Easter is one of my favorite holidays! Not only does the Easter Bunny still comr see me, I get to go see ALL of my family! We have a tradition that started when my mother was a little girl and we continue to honor this tradition.

My great grandparents birthdays were both the week of Easter so, that was the logical time for all 13 of their children (One being my grandmother) to visit at one time with their children (one being my mother). When my great grandparents passed away, their children decided they still wanted to get together at that time to honor their parents. This year my immediate family will be there 5 generations strong! With normally at least 250 family members attending.... It is AMAZING!!!
Gas prices being so high, our 1200 mile (round trip) journey is bound to be expensive. I used the fuel calculator to estimate our fuel cost for the trip. Yikes! We decided it would be cheaper to rent a vehicle, as opposed to driving two, after figuring the fuel cost. Car rental, a lot of times, is a service offered by your auto insurance at a reduced rate. Be sure to compare all your options. I made our hotel reservations through Ebates in order to get 3% back. All that is left to do is to pack a cooler full of drinks, a bag full of snacks, and settle in for the ride.

No comments: